Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > Two Plus Two Internet Magazine
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2005, 11:04 PM

Default Re: Thought of the Day - Rigged Poker and Chess

You know, I wanted to stay away from this ridiculous thread because I didn't want to get involved in an absurd argument with someone who is a close minded cynical idiot with the benefit of anonymity. You can say what you want when you are mad because no one knows who you are. You could very well be a regular poster here who has created a new identity just for this CRAP! Quite frankly, I'm disappointed in some of the posters here for even responding to this crap with valid arguments they know the idiots won't listen to and keeping this thread alive. Inevitable leading to my own post on this nonsense.

Dear Conspiracy Theorist,

If you feel this strongly about it maybe you should do a serious bit of research and form a factual opinion based on FACTS.

These sites you speak of hire third party multi-BILLION dollar corperationS (notice its plural! meaning more than one "fictitious" company) to come in and review new log files, monitor tables, and inspect software to verify the site is in no way cheating.
Idiot says: Don't you think party poker could pay them off to say the what they want them to say or maybe forge the documents.
Answer: Do you really think that A) the poker site is going to risk its billion dollar Corporation on your little "$500 bankroll." BTW if you manage to lose your entire bankroll at one table, you have other issues you need to deal with. So many issues that no one would read this because it would be MUCH longer than it is. And B) Do you ACTUALLY think these Corporations that have put their name on the line, would risk THEIR BILLION DOLLAR Corporation for Party Poker? NO!! Party couldn't pay them enough. And if party happen to OWN these corporations, see part B! All the blatant cheating in the world on ALL site couldn't make this +EV. They would have to cheat SO BAD it would be obvious, which leads me to another point.
People have posted their database numbers here of 250k, 300k, and up hands with everything as it should be. Just like the odds say they should be. Thus making it impossible for the site to be blatantly out right cheating like they would need to be to out weigh the risks of 3 or more MULTI-BILLION dollar Corporations. And C) Forgery? Come on!

For those of you questioning the randomness of the "Random" number generator, get a clue as well. For one, see above and two, do a little research and you will feel better.

Now listen up. Pay attention to what EVERYONE, who is undoubtedly more intelligent than you, is saying: You game is poor, you bankroll management is even worse, "People know if they are no good at poker" is an extremely ludicrous statement to make, Online poker sites DO have to much to risk, so do the third party Corporations if they lie, and people have posted HARD FACTUAL numbers that supports the expected LONG TERM outcome dictated by the MATHEMATICAL odds. Quit placing the blame somewhere else, it is your fault for losing money in the long run.