Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2005, 08:04 PM

Default Suggestion For Mat Sklansky

Please allow discussion of the reputability of rakeback affiliates. I understand that you do not want this forum littered with affiliate advertising (which I am not advocating that you allow), but I really think that you are doing the community of 2+2 posters a disservice by forbidding discussion of the reputability of rakeback affiliates. As there essentially is no means of legally enforcing the contractual promises made by rakeback affiliates, reputational checks are all that exist to keep them honest. Allowing posters to warn others of deadbeat affiliates making fraudulent promises would help prevent us from getting ripped off. It would also give the affiliates an incentive to keep their customers happy.

I must admit, my motivations for advocating this rule are not wholly beneficent. I signed up for an account using one of the rakeback affiliates advertising in this forum's classified ads, and I have not been paid. In other words, I am a consumer, and I am mad as hell that I have been scammed.

If you are going to forbid discussions regarding the reputability of rakeback affiliates, then, IMO, you should also prohibit them from advertising. I realize that by accepting this affiliate's advertising money and posting his promises, 2+2 did not "vouch" for him. But, before signing up, I searched the web to the best of my ability to find if he was reputable. The only other forum I found with a discussion of the affiliate had a post claiming that he had glowing "reviews from 2+2ers." I could have easily verified this claim if I could have posted a question about the affiliate's reputation in this forum. But because I, and other posters, abide by the rules, I was hamstrung in my efforts to discover whether the advertised affiliate was trustworthy.

I realize that you (or someone else) may have reasons for disallowing discussions of the reputability of rakeback affiliates that I have not considered. If so, I am interested to hear them. Thank you for considering my suggestion.

Joshua