Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2005, 06:21 PM

Default Re: WSOP $1500NL - Hand vs. Scott Fishman

[ QUOTE ]

I don't like your turn bet of 1500 - it kind of gives away that you dont have the flush and might well be pushed off the hand. I think before betting you have to think long and hard what you're going to do if he respresents the flush.

If youre going to fold, then check and fold, dont waste another 1500. If youre going to play then bet half your chips indicating youre not going away. He has to give up any bluffs/steals at that point as youve indicated that youre pot committed on the turn, but if he just calls again and another card comes that convinces you that you really are beaten you do have an out.

[/ QUOTE ]

MarkD, I personally like your c/r on the flop (although it might be a little high), because I think SF will bet here with nothing often enough to make it profitable. However, once he calls you, you have to decide what you will do on the turn depending on what comes out - as Masquerade states above.

If a non-heart comes out, will you bet the turn? Will you push to block villian's possible flush draw? If you bet and he raises you, are you committed to the hand?

If a heart comes, will you bet? Will you push (I hope not because I think you're only getting called when beaten)? Will you call his bet or raise?

I think you bet the turn without thinking about your next move and you wound up convincing yourself out a pot. As Sossman wrote, you "overthought" the hand and I think you folded the winner.

Next time, if you think about your reactions to the villian's reaction to your turn bet before you make that turn bet, I think you will be much more satisfied with your play. (I'm not saying that you'll always win the hand, just that you'll have fewer regrets after the hand is over).

ts-