Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-13-2005, 10:03 PM

Default Why do I win at live games but not online

I have several questions so bear with the long post as it is also my first.
My usual game is the 10/20 or 15/30 games at taj, at which I am a long term winner. (This is determined through exact tracking of wins and losses, not merely hopes and dreams)I recently stopped playing live, and started playing on-line, and can not seem to beat the 3/6 game. At live games I was very good at reading hands and players, but on-line I can't put anyone on anything, which may be because they will open or call with anything. I've loosened my play a bit based on what I've seen other players betting and calling with, and so I do not seem to be folding every hand. Granted, my losses amount to one small pot at 10/20, but it still upsets me that I am losing at, based on everyones posts here, practically free money. (It is the losing itself and not the money at all that annoys me). Do I need to move up in order to play with more rational players? What I can do to translate my game from live games to online?

Also what is stud tracker and where do get it, and how do you get records of all the hands I see everyone posting.

Finally, I play on Partypoker, but they never seem to have any stud tournaments. Is there a different site that offers stud tournaments. Any advise will be appreciated.