Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-12-2005, 12:52 PM

Default It\'s like a different Game

I went to a B&M in the metropolis of Black Hawk, Colorado and they played something that resembled 2-5 spread limit hold'em.

I don't go often so I am alway taken back by the way there are 7-9 people to the flop every hand. It doesn't matter if it is 3 or 4-bet pre-flop, they cold call. And who can not get frustrated by the cold call with 73o and they get 2 pair on the river to beat your AKs.

My questions are, do you have to adjust your play when the game is so loose? Do you play more speculative hands? Only raise with monster suited hands? Call a straight against a 3 flush board with a bettor and 3 callers? Call all the way to the river with the other 4 people when you have over cards? I will admit I did go on tilt for awhile after the 6th suck out. What do you do to keep cool and also not get bored with the slow pace? I got used to playing 2 tables on the net and now get impatient at the card room. Should I bring something to read?

I know there is alot of money to be made at these games but I still haven't figured out how to beat them.

Any suggestions?