Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you feel there is a need for an organization of poker players?
Yes 3 60.00%
No 2 40.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2005, 02:14 PM

Default Re: Changes that Need to be Made in No Limit

First of all get off I'm going to say that I voted for the "You're a fish" selection and I really do disagree with all your points on some ground.

Second of all, you say that the No-Limit players are all grown up and have become better at laying down hands. Well thats great for those players who entered the game of poker in the Moneymaker era, but what about the brand new players that are joining as we speak... and even more when this year's WSOP airs? These players are still going to be pathetic and pay off the players with their top pair, 7 kicker, on a board of J 8 2 when the opponent is holding AA, KK, QQ, or AJ. The fish are out there and the ponds are constantly being stocked. Get off of Prima, that site is awful.

Third, if you're calling pot sized bets constantly on the turn with flush draws you're going to lose money, period. Pot odds say so. Implied odds are nice, but I found that to be successful over the long run pot odds have to come first when they are screaming don't call.

Fourth, if you don't want to raise preflop with one of the top 4 hands in poker, that's your choice.

Fifth, yeah slowplaying works in someplaces, others it doesn't. Just don't complain when you get outdrawn.

Sixth, yeah this was a waste of time.