Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2005, 05:05 PM

Default loose live games

I'm learning that loose live games have a life of their own. Yes, you see players holding the weirdest things, and 3rd and 4th nut lows winning low - but there seems to be a middle ground where, if you can get into the mindset of it - you still play premium hands while getting a feeling of experimenting with hands you wouldn't normally play only because of the texture of the table.
I think it can be done, it's something I've avoided doing until just lately....the difference is that if you choose to play hands that aren't "premium" because of position or other factors such as the players at your table, and you know just what you're looking for and can read your opponents to a certain degree, then you can really succeed in winning some huge pots on those many times when they cap the bets preflop, etc.
Otherwise you can sit there all night waiting for the perfect hand and watch all the maniacs clean up as they hold any four cards they are dealt, time after time. Make sense? Or do I sound like a lunatic.