Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2005, 12:38 PM

Default Called (and won!) with 9-high.

Anyone have a similar story? My 6max table had just dissolved leaving only me and Villain, and he had been aggressive up till this point. This was the first time he didn't bet preflop, flop, or turn, and not even semi-bluffing anywhere screamed baby cards, no draw. I could've bet the turn or river meself, I guess, I dunno, small pot, scary board, tail end of a satisfying session anyway....well, whaddaya think?

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (2 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Button posts a blind of $2.
Hero calls, Button (poster) checks.

Flop: (2 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: (1 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (1 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 3 BB

Results:
Hero has 9c 7s (high card, ace).
Button has 3s 4h (high card, ace).
Outcome: Hero wins 3 BB.

I heard a story of Brunson making some great call with jack high, putting his opponent on a busted draw, and I read the article with Ungar calling and winning with ten high. Now I've done nine. Anyone win with eight high?