Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2005, 12:39 AM

Default let\'s look at a notable hand from 2/5 NL at the MGM grand

2/5 NL at the MGM Grand - Sunday during my road trip to Vegas - I usually play 1/2 but it was full and I only had two hrs. till a tourney, so I sat in this one -

for the purposes of this story, I don't remember suits, but I know there was no flush draw that hit.

I have about $250 in front of me in MP - I get AA

EP player raises it to $20 - I reraise to $50 - LP player COLD CALLS 50 bucks and the EP player calls -

3 players - flop J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 rag

EP checks - I fire out a $25 probe and LP reraises it to $100 - EP calls and I call -

I'm fairly new at the table - EP is an older gentleman, and LP is a young NYC'er who has a buddy at the table - my thought process is that someone hit something - probably EP, and LP has a big overpair like mine or he has AK and is trying to be pushy.

I don't see two pair or trips unless it's from EP, because with me betting/raising all the time, a smart player in LP would wait till the turn and just let me keep pumping the pot full of money. But then, a smart player may not cold call a big hand with a raise/reraise either - and this kid ain't smart. On the other hand, a Genius would overbet his monster hand to make me think he was bluffing - but that's an easy option to rule out with this guy [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Turn - 8 rag -

EP and I check - we let LP pump another 75 in there - we both call - I can't put anyone on a st8 draw - just not likely.

River 7 -

I only have about $50 in front of me - (the math is fuzzy, but so was my brain) - check/check and LP goes all in - I cannot fold this pot with that amount of cash in it, but I don't think I can win - so I make a lovely crying call.

questions? - comments?

EDIT: - pulled out the results - just so we're not biased -

RB