Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2005, 07:56 PM

Default Conversation I had with Chef.

I'd like to preface this by saying that when I first moved up to 5/10, and 10/20, I NEVER stole antes. I had moved up from 3/6 and maybe some .5/1, where ante stealing was totally unecessary. After moving up, I got my ass kicked, reread 7CSFAP, and actually read the ante stealing section. This section has some fairly simple guidelines to follow, and I went ahead and used them in my arsenal. (More at 10/20 then at 5/10). After doing this, I discussed this with "The Donator".. Who was SHOCKED that I hadn't been practicing any thievery. He made a statement to the effect of: "Gotta steal to stay alive."

I have been mixing some 5/10 in with my 10/20 play now, after playing mostly 10/20 for a coupla months. I've noticed a drastic difference in the games, and I made a comment to vintage_sara that at 5/10 it seems more like a game of showing down the best hand,(there's a better way of putting this that I have seen in Gary Carson's holdem book), and at 10/20, it is more of a "battle for the antes."

Chef went on to say something to the effect of "No, you really don't have to steal at tight 10/20 ante structure, you just have to play solid".

Thoughts?

PS. Chef, I hope this is accurate to what you said, and you don't mind me mentioning it.