Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2005, 04:34 PM

Default limp-reraise hand

Seven-handed 2/4 game. My first orbit. So far I haven't played a pot past the flop. Some dude has raised out of the blinds the last two hands, and then he check-folded on the flop the second time, so I'm guessing he just likes to raise too much without premium hands. He's probably a poor player. He's on the button now. Also, the dude on my left has been playing a bit too aggressive. He's UTG+1 this hand.

So I ($384) have AA UTG and limp in, UTG+1 ($588.50) minraises to $8, people fold, button ($281.50) calls, blinds fold, I reraise to $44, UTG+1 folds, button calls.

Flop TT2, two hearts. Check, check.

Turn Q, I bet $40, he calls.

River K of hearts, I don't have a heart, I think a while and bet $60.

Comments?

(Notes: Underbetting the pot is very common in this game, so it will not be taken to mean that I'm weak. People will not raise on a bluff. They will raise if they are fairly sure there hand is good, call if they think it's good, and fold if they don't think it's good. On the other hand, my overbet preflop is pretty rare, so he may not know what to think of it.)