Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2005, 12:21 AM

Default Need Serious Help With My Play

My story is like this:

Over the last 8 months I have done well for a college student. I have probably made about $4000 in the past 8 months playing sngs and placing at a few final tables. Recently, over the last 2 months or so I just cannot seem to win. I am breaking even consistently, and when not, losing. I cannot pick out any leaks in my play and everytime I pick up a big hand like AA, KK, QQ, it always seems to get cracked. I never seem to hit any of my
draws, and I am beginning to fear playing hands like AK, AQ, or AJ in fear than opponents will outflop me. I fear committing all my chips and I am not the aggressive winning
player that I used to be. I usually fold without the nuts when I am raised because I fear that my opponents already have me beat. I also feel like the unluckiest player in the world. For instance, I was in a $30 multi-table with 124 entrants. I was heads up at the final table and had a SURE WIN with two pair on the flop, Q4, with flop of Q54. My opponent had A2 and did not hit the 3, but hit runner runner to make aces and twos and win the tourney. I don't know what it is but I think I am suffering from some sort of depessive-poker syndrome. I just cannot win! And I consistently get my money in with the best hand!! About 85% of the time I would say! I just really have no idea what to do. It's as if I've forgotten how to play poker. Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.