Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2005, 11:27 PM

Default Re: Slotboom on SSHE

[ QUOTE ]
I hope that you don't take this the wrong way, but your understanding of hold 'em leaves a lot to be desired. If you want to improve at the game, I suggest you read and reread my books and then start posting on the Microlimits and Small Stakes forums.

I know you question somewhat fundamentally the concepts in my books, but I can assure you with the greatest confidence that your concerns are illusory.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me take the effort to thank you for time and effort to assist me in understanding these issues. You are quite right I guess when you state that I don't know what the hell I am talking about when it comes to Holdem. If it was easy then everyone would be playing, right?
I have read your books. I have reread them and studied them to the point that I literaly have sucked a highlighter marker dry. I am willing to spend the time that is needed to be able to win. I was winning when I picked up my first 2+2 book and when I try to implement what they say I just loose. Not only do I loose more than normal I loose faster and more, lots more. I have posted hands and am told that I played them more or less correctly or sometimes I am berated for bothering the "experts" here.
I do question your concepts, but it is on mostly and emotionial level. Intellectually I have to say that I agree with most of your ideas because I can follow them and they make sense. I understand the logic and thought processes that you use to explain hands and I am willing to take on faith what I don't understand and apply it to my play. The fact remains that I can not seem to get them to work for me.
I am going to take a few days to get my feces coagulated, think about what I want from poker (it is not $$$), and set some realistic goals. Thank you for your input, you know more than I do. I would appreciate it if you have any thoughts on where or how I should start my poker reeducation if I decide to continue. If I do I will be starting from scratch. Good luck to you Sir, sorry I kind of hijacked this thread.