Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2005, 03:39 PM

Default Hand from $5000 Guaranteed - Empire

Forgive the fact that I don't have the hand history, but this hand has been bugging me all day. Late stages from last night's $5000 NL tourney on Empire. I have roughly T2900 in the CO. Folded to me with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Blinds are 100/200, and I raise to T500, which has been my standard raise. BB with roughly T5500 weirdly makes it T800 to go. BB has been very aggressive but not reckless. Read is that BB is a good thinking player. I call. (Anyone push here?)
Flop: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
BB leads for T1000, which is basically half of what I have left.
I folded, but I though afterward that it might have been a mistake. BB had me totally confused. I hadn't seen a weird re-raise like this from him before, so I wasn't sure what to make of it. Anybody put enough weight on the overcards, backdoor straight, and backdoor flush possiblities to come over the top here?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks