Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2003, 11:07 AM

Default Three hands at Party...

Three hands from this morning…I've been really frustrated lately, and I'm unsure about my playing. I've just posted two big losing sessions, and I'm seriously unsure if the problem is me or I'm just hitting a bad stretch. I'm incline to think a little of each, but mostly me. I suspect I see too many flops and try and push people around, which is next to impossible at .5/1 games. I also think I see too many flops out of too little respect for the limit, but I'm wary of trying to move up. Seems I'm in need of some self discipline.

Oddly, the bankroll isn't hurting too much from this. Though I've had bad sessions at .5/1, my tournament play and a couple of no-limit sessions have been good. I think I've been lucky.

Anyways, the hands - I'll post results later.

1. I'm in the BB with 79o. Seven limpers to me, the SB drops and I check. Eight to the flop. It comes 794 with two diamonds. I bet out and am called in five places. Top two is nice, but that's a lot of people chasing. Turn is the 3h, I bet out and am raised by EP who has been playing fairly solidly, but this is the first time I've seen him. I just call. River is the Jh, I check, he bets and I call. Did I play this too passively? Should I have reraised the turn or was going into call-down mode the right move?

2. In EP, towards the end of the session, I get AA. One fold before me, I raise, and only the BB comes along. Flop comes KsJs3c. He bets, I call intending to raise the turn. Turn is a Kc, he bets and I raise, he re-raises and I suspect the worst. River is a Qs. He bets, I call.

3. Personally, this was my favorite hand from today. In MP I get QQ. One limper to me, I raise, the BB comes in and the limper calls. Three to the flop, which comes 432 rainbow. Checked to me, I bet and am check-raised by the BB. I call and EP calls. Turn is a 7c, putting two clubs on the board. Again checked to me, again I bet, and this time all just call. River comes 9h. Checked to me, I bet and am raised by BB again. At this point, I know things can't be good, and I call.