Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2005, 09:00 AM

Default Re: Does Anybody Play from a cel phone on pokerroom?

I've pretty much given up on playing on my cell phone - at least on Pokerroom. I switched cell phone providers recently and actively tried to get a phone that was on their "list", but the store I bought from did not have any. So I bought a Nokia N-Gage QD, which is designed to play games so I thought it would work just fine - problem is, Pokerroom has a block on the download site that will not allow you to download the client via WAP/SMS if your phone is not on the "approved list".

Their technical help has been pretty much useless. They directed me to the Mobile Poker Trainer, which had the same block on the WAP download. Well, there is an option for the TRAINER to have the .jar and .jad files emailed to you, so I did this and just used my bluetooth connection to get the files on my phone, and of course, the TRAINER works perfectly.

But, I've been trying for 3 freaking weeks now to get Pokerroom support to email me the files I need to run the REAL Mobile Poker client, but my emails continue to go unanswered. If they would just email me the files, technically I should be able to bluetooth the files to my phone and hopefully I should be ready to go.

As far as the data transfer rates - I just added the unlimited internet option to my rate plan which was only a few bucks a month. Hopefully that is all I need if I ever actually get it working.

I thought I read recently that another site network, maybe crypto or prima I don't remember, were changing software providers for their main rooms, but included in the software changes was going to be an option for cell-phone poker. Does anyone remember who that was?