Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2005, 01:32 AM

Default How do i adjust against this?

My opponent an I log a lot of hands against each other, in the past month we've played 3700 hands together. He is a bit too loose preflop but is tricky and plays very well post flop. He has a good image and gets a ton of action. I have suspected that he has recently started 3-betting me light preflop as the frequency of the 3-bets has increased (I tend to get paranoid when I notice patterns though so i wasn't totally convinced). Most times I completely whiff and give up without a fight.

This hand came up tonight, I open raise the button with QTo, villain is in the SB and 3-bets, the loose BB calls and I call.

The flop comes 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villain bets BB calls, I call

Turn is 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB bets, BB calls, I fold

River 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Bet call, villain shows 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

AHA!! I knew it!!

I don't want to be one of these poor saps that pays him off big time but I also don't want him thinking he can push me around just by throwing in a raise preflop. Anybody have any good ideas for adjusting?