Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2005, 07:35 PM

Default goofball play/QQ?

I'm sorry, I don't have any info on players here except to say pfr wasn't maniacal. I was multi-tabling and had just sat down here a few hands earlier. Missing pfrr was a mistake (hit "call" by accident since I had a hand going on another table).

My problem with these hands/boards is trying to feel out others and take control if I can vs. calling down (which I can't stand - sorry).

My first question is, is the flop raise completely out of line given the board (in retrospect I think it is; kinda bonzai)?

Second question is, what do you make of the turn action?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Possibly the obligatory pfr flop bet. I really wanted to get this down to me/pfr and try to get a cheap read on what he might be playing. Had I been rr I was planning to fold if it was just the two of us. Me improving is a long shot so I probably should've just stayed a passenger.

Turn: (6.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+1 calls.

When he led out I was wondering with my pf "call"/flop rr if he had me on spade draw. With the turn 'blank', his lead and being 3-bet I was thinking AQ (or misplayed AK maybe) so I felt safe capping. JT didn't make sense for utg pfr.

Given that AA/KK was also possible/likely (except him not capping flop after the other two had folded), would it have been more intelligent to let him lead and call down instead of reraising?

Mike

post-review comment in white:
<font color="white">
I'm not posting this because I hit a miracle card after a foolish(?) flop raise. I was behind the whole way to KK. </font>