Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2005, 07:25 PM

Default Re: wtf...is this legal?

[ QUOTE ]
i have nothing to do with this or with columbo but i am a post law student and u r wrong Mr. Jones....

[/ QUOTE ]

Which part of this (#21 on Pstars site) confuses you?

In case of disputes, PokerStars management decision will be final.

Let's review the other rules:

It is the players' responsibility to determine total agreement. Chat records alone will not necessarily validate an agreement.

Was this done? Yes. "Ya" is an affirmative answer by party B. And party A proposed the offer in the first place.
"Not necessarily" equates to "maybe" here.

Only players at the final table may deal for the money, and no deal is allowed that does not include all remaining players.

Unfortunately, heads up is the final table by definition right?

PokerStars will not participate in the deal making process, but will execute the agreement if the previous conditions are met.

They were, and it was executed.

If you wish to make a deal, please email support with the subject line: "Tournament # (insert tournament number) chop: URGENT" and support will come to the table to ensure a smoothly arranged deal.

This is more about mid-stream deal arrangement and doesn't describe a condition necessary for a deal to be made. The previous deal was already done (proposal by party A, agreement by party B (the infamous "ya").

Having said this though, I feel for Columbo as it is pretty one sided. But 2 lessons come out of this thread it seems:

a) You can kid and BS about anything in a poker room (virtual or otherwise) except one thing, and that's $$.

b) Deals can be made without Pokerstars support present. Practically, I figured this would be necessary.

Columbo, I feel for you but see why Pokerstars did what they did.