Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2005, 02:42 PM

Default New computer system gloat

I have had my new computer about a week. While I've been around computers for a few years, I'm basicly a N00b in this area.

My sister has a computer guy she trusts and she does know computers. I told him what it was for, and the programs that seem to suck the energy out of my present system, PT mostly plus the Party client programs. Told him I planned to run dual monitors(he got me TWO 6800 gt vid cards) so I was a little miffed until I saw the four monitor setup in a recent thread. OMFG, is all I could think when I realized that I only need 3 more Dell 2001's and that's mine too. No longer miffed.

The computer guy had it setup in his show room for a day to show off, took pixs and everything. He said it did 9000 out of the box with no tweeking on some test. I have no idea what this means, but the way he was going on it sound real good.

System:

AMD 3500+ath64 newcastle(i have no idea what this last part is)
asus a8n sli mb(completely clueless)
corsair 512x2 ddr400 ultra(I think this is RAM, but I like anything with the word ultra in it. It's like buying poker books for "advanced" players)
enermax 600 watt 2ps(this I understand. MORE F"ING POWER)
WD 250gb sata 7200hd(oh yeah)
cooler master case(ports, ports, and more USB ports, I really love this case, it throws heat off like a MF, but it has space for all kind of upgrades)

I feel like an 18 year-older that wins a Ferrari on a game show, but can't drive a stick.

Price tag:

$3200

Gloating at the Zoo:

Priceless

MS Sunshine