Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2005, 02:00 AM

Default Re: Finally got a Royal Flush lol,

[ QUOTE ]
Is the best thing to do just play passive hoping someone improves to second best? Last week I flopped a full house and slowplayed, 2 players got straights on the river and one got a flush. The river was capped and I got 25 BB if I remember correctly. Maybe Ill post it if I can find it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask yourself this: Would raising on the turn have made more than half of these players fold? If they were willing to cap the betting on the river with a paired board and 3 to a flush you would have made more money by raising on the turn almost guaranteed.

Slowplay on the flop when there aren't any good draws available - even then it's frequently wrong unless the pot is small - you don't want them to pick up a good draw that can beat you if the pot is already fairly large. The rest of the time you're more likely to be missing bets. Any hand that is likely to improve to something that will get into a raising war with you will likely happily pay a few bets to get there first. They are more likely to miss than to hit - make some money before that happens.

NL is a somewhat different story.