Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2005, 12:42 AM

Default Re: The Amazing Paul Darden

[ QUOTE ]
The answer is pretty simply. The "Holecard cam" is on Chris Bigler while the main camera is on Darden.

As to the WSOP thing, there's been like 3 seperate instances pointed out where hands were faked.

One that definitely was spliced up badly was the Hellmuth/Tony D hand in 2003WSOP. Board had two jacks and a king on the turn, and Hellmuth had 77. Tony D had JT. Tony made a sizeable bet, Hellmuth raised, and Tony D folded. Except when the camera is on Tony D, he's not holding chips, but when it gets to his hole-card cam you can clearly see him holding a stack of chips in his right hand.

It's all on Paul Phillip's page in greater explanation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always thought it was kinda fishy... But just forgot about it. It's actually sad really. ESPN is suppose to be THE channel for sports reporting, and even though some don't consider Poker a sport (it's a mental sport where physical tells are important though), the fact that they make-up things is somewhat shocking. I already knew they edited different moments together to make it look more compelling - which is bad, but just making it up... Makes me wonder what to believe...