Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-2003, 10:39 AM

Default Another maniac story.

I haven't posted a hand in a while and Jeffro's maniac story reminded me of a crazy hand against a maniac that I have archived the history.

Story: We have a Full-Blow-Tilt maniac. He has raised, at least 10 hands in a row, however, the last 3 hands he lost with legit hands, due to the fact that everyone was jumping in with him and sucking out.

He has also dwindled his stack down to about $100 after having it near $300, this is a 2/4 game online.

I'm in the BB with 7 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] this is the only time I've ever played this hand in my life, to this date.

Two limps to the maniac in MP and he...you guessed it, raises, MP2 3 bets, CO and Button cold-call, SB calls, and I decided, screw it, I'll see the flop fit-or-fold - CALL.

EP limpers call - we have a monster pot here ladies and gentlemen, and guess what, the Maniac caps it - all call.

the suspense builds...8 to the flop for 32 SBs

Flop: 7 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img]

Check to the loose cannon who bets, MP2 raises, now, I was thinking that MP2 has AK but maybe KK, all fold to me and I decide to 3-bet (over-agressive?) to see if MP2 has KK...EPs fold and I don't find out anything because of a blast across the deck as the maniac caps it!

Turn: 9 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] [7 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] ]

Oh no, there is the flush but the pot is so big I have to see the river (right?)

Maniac bets, MP2 raises, I cold call and maniac re-raises, MP2 caps, I cold-call again. (am I nuts?)

Suddenly it was like standing in the middle of a hurricane, where the sun shines and there is no wind...

Turn: 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] [9 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] ]

Maniac bets MP2 raises, I 3 bet, maniac calls, MP2 caps (and then the hurricane moves through and wind starts to go the other way.)...oh no, he has KK and I'm done.

I call.

The storm has settled...the Maniac picks up the glass off his front stoop and shows
A [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] ! The sun is shining on my house now as MP2 turns over A [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] . As the verbal rocks try to shatter my full-house. I take it down.