Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2005, 02:48 PM

Default All in at the river?

$5/$10 NL

Villian in this hand is a slow player (and a short stack type player). When I sat down he had like $100. I doubled him up once when I limped with 88 and then he went all in in the BB for $75. I called and his AQ beat me.

Later, there were 4 limpers, then a raise to $30, he flat called in the SB with AA. Of course everyone called and he lucked out and won a huge pot against a bunch of people drawing. In another hand he called $30 again preflop with AA and won a smallish pot. He also slowplayed a set on a very draw heavy board but came out unscathed again.

He has $1050 now. I have him covered. UTG+1 has $700.

Its my last hand. I have to go do some yard work. I limp UTG with 77. UTG+1 limps. SP (slow player) raises to $30. We both call.

Pot is $100. The flop comes JQQ with 2 hearts. It gets checked around.

Pot $100. The turn a 7 (not a heart). I bet $50 and they both call.

Pot $250. The river is a 2 (no flush) . I bet $100. UTG+1 folds. SP raises to $300. Is this an automatic push all in?

Hes obviously slowplaying something again. He has either AQ, KQ or JJ in my opinion. This was the 1st hand he had raised preflop since I was at the table (other than that preflop all in).

I did push all in. What do you think?