Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2005, 08:16 AM

Default Moving to 3/6 (low content)

I've just moved to 3/6 and yet again moved into my tight/aggressive shell, as usual resulting in very tight/aggressive stats and a good winrate:
Vpip: 13-14%
PFR: 11.3%
(jeez... just realised I'm only limping ~2%)

The PFR is pretty standard for me, but Vpip is about 3% lower than it use to be. I'm planning to remain at those stats as long as my winrate tells me to, it seems to me I'm unable to keep my winrate while loosening up. This could be a result of me being unable to play more hands while 6-tabling, rather than not being able to play these additional hands for profit if I had the time.

I've been serious about table selection since I first feared the opponents at 3/6, but it didn't take long to realise the competition sucks. I was told that 2/4 was worse than 1/2 when I moved up, but I've never heard of this poor 3/6 opponents. The tables I've been sitting at so far have been worse than the average 2/4 tables I've been sitting at, I understand it's mostly because my serious table selection.

I have been afraid of moving up a long time, but when moving up to 3/6 I realised I should have done it a long time ago. It was the same (probably even worse) before I moved to 2/4. This have made my progress through the limits very slow. It's probably as bad as taking shots when you're not ready since playing on too low levels doesn't help to improve your game as it should.

I put 1800$ at my empire account and plan to move to 5/10 6max when reaching 3000$. To have goals like this is perfect and improves your game greatly, I've never improved my game as much as the last month. I also plan to do some warm up on 2/4-3/6 6max on Stars before making the move to 5/10.

So my advice for all cowards out there is give it a shot!