Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-05-2003, 07:49 PM

Default You Make the Play 2

It's the same loose but aggressive $4-8 game (no rake) I described in my earlier post. Players that know how to play and think about what others may have but still play too loose and call too much. One player who was all in has now rallied to get back to having about $250. My impression of him is tight and solid. He's been playing a lot more hands since getting back into the chips, but so far has always had a strong hand when called. We'll call him Mr. Rush.

Hand 1: I limp K-8d in late position with two limpers. SB folds, BB checks. Flop is K-9-3, rainbow no diamonds and Mr. Rush bets from early position. Other limper folds, I call, BB folds. A three on the turn
makes the board K-9-3-3. Mr. Rush bets. I find him hard to read, but he "feels" strong. You make the play...

Hand 2: In bb with KQo, two limpers and button raises. I call, limpers call, four to the flop. It's 9-6-3 rainbow, checked to bb who bets. You make the play.