Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2005, 03:17 AM

Default Frustrations at the Bike...

...but now I've wrapped myself in the reasurance that probability is fickel.

Sat at a nice, loose, extaordinarily passive table, 2-4. Folks would call to the river with anything, even when they were clearly beat. THe same people would barely lift a finger to bet their AK, much less raise pf from any position. Pots routinely were quite large, and the river usually created the winner. Just the crowd we can't wait to play with, and who make the average 2+2er get "excited"

Except I couln't catch a single break. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Spent the first few hours getting rag hands, biding my time. Won a few 20bb pots with 4K, a boat, etc. Then magic hit. Started getting nothing but broadway. Suited, unsuited, AJ, KJ, KQ, one after another. But nothing would connect. The single time I paired my AJs (button, raised PF, called 5 times) raised the river (A34) turn was a 5 , checked to me, bet... called, river was no scare, bet... called by the BB who naturally had the 2. And that was the only hand that connected..sorta.. till the table broke up. I'd never been that hot pf in a live game before. And never gotten so little help from the board.

I've calmed down (I've only been playing a few months, I'm working on my Zen still) and really, upon rexamination, I can't see how I'd play differently. I didn't call to the river when I knew I had the worst of it. I just bled away my buy in, which, coupled with the previous losing sessions live (over the last month) means I'm now restricted to nano-limits online until I'm employed again. I was really hoping to at least break even so I could work on my game.

I suppose, I'm sorta just saying this to get it out... and get on with it. Tomorrow, reread SSHE!

Cheers all!