Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2003, 09:26 PM

Default Capped preflop - Raise river with JJ and an A on board?!

UB 5/10...nice and loose, fairly aggressive. This hand got me pumped up. I really felt like I used all my poker skills and player knowledge.

I'm dealt JJ in the CO. Three limpers to me and I limp as well. BB raises (I've seen him do this with any PP), EP calls and MP reraises (this player is very loose and will similarly do this with any big cards and any PP), MP2 coldcalls, I coldcall, BB calls and now EP caps (I'm certain this is a "[censored] it, I'll cap it myself" cap) and we all call. So, 5 of us see the flop for a total of 20 small bets.

Flop - As 4c 2c

It gets checked around!

Turn - 8s

BB bets, all call to me and I call getting 14:1 and believing that there is a reasonable chance I have the best hand. BB has NEVER slowplayed, to my knowledge (I have it in his notes so he must really never do it). I'm almost certain he has KK/QQ/JJ.

River - 5c

BB checks (yep big PP but no Ace), EP checks, MP bets, MP2 folds, I raise, BB and EP fold and MP calls. I have a hard time believing that MP has a 2, because even though he is a fish he isn't crazy enough to three-bet with a hand containing a 2 (unless he has exactly 22). Also, this players will bet a draw every time, so there is no way he has the flush.

Questions - What did EP and MP have and did I win the hand? What do you think of my river raise?

Results in next post.

-- Homer