Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2005, 12:09 AM

Default TT on the button in a family pot

What is the correct play here? SO many people have limped in already that I feel as though the only shot I have to win the pot is to spike a ten on the flop or for the flop to come extremely ragged. Raising will just make it worse because none of the limpers will fold and then their draws are just getting better odds after the flop won't it?

I did spike that ten when this just played out, but I have no idea what to do when so many have entered the pot and I have a big pair. I don't think folding the 5th best hand there is an option especially in such late position although most of the times I'll just cringe at the flop and throw it away. I ended up just calling as I figured I should just see a cheap flop and hope It's good looking because lets face it, if anything above a ten flops I can't make any case for continuing

also, it turns out that the guy to my left had JJ, he raised and (surprise surprise) no one folded. Looking back had I raised he wouldve reraised and many would've folded. The flop came ragged just like he THOUGHT he hoped but unknown to him he was raising into top set

suggestions?

Also I didn't put this in small stakes because this is really just a general question, there really isn't a specific situation here. You just have a sizeable pair and many people have entered the pot already