Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2005, 10:23 AM

Default Gamble?

Playing a $50 tourney on pokerroom Monday. 178 entrants, 30 paid. I'm in 10th of 24 remaining. Blinds 400/800 (No ante).

I recently ran my chip stack from 3k to 12k through a bunch of steals and a double up with AA vs. AJ. I have raised 3x BB about 15 times in the last 6 or 7 orbits, and have not been called once (I once laid down to a re-raise).

It's folded to me on the button, and I raise to 2400 with JTo. SB thinks and goes all in for 13k, BB folds.

Playing with SB since the start of the tournament I put his range on anything from a complete steal, to an AK type hand or even medium-high pockets. Basically my read was he didn't have to be strong to make this move.

My thoughts:
I have odds to call vs. his range of hands, and a double would get me very close to chip lead, however I have been stealing at least twice an orbit, and if I fold I still have about 10BB. The payout structure makes it so I am definately playing for top 3. From a meta-game standpoint, if I call and win, I think people will think twice about playing back at me next time I steal.

Whats my move?