Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2003, 11:20 PM

Default FINALLY the Rock has come back to the stud table...

Well maybe not a rock, but it felt good to be back in a live stud game for the first time in nearly a year. For those of you who have missed my formerly regular contributions to this forum (hopefully at least one of you has), I intend to be here frequently from now on.

Anyway after a nice 5 handed session of 7 Stud 50c ante $5/10 $1bringin, we had a couple of wealthy players arrive, that wanted to play $20/40 so we finally arrived at a happy medium of $1 ante $10/20 ($3 bringin) with a full kill ($5 bringin) for any $200+ pot.

Having made about $140 in the first little session of $5/10 winning mostly a series of small heads up pots, the action became pretty fierce in the first few hands of the $10/20 and most pots were killed.

I doubled through one of the wealthy players first kill hand I played in a hand where i was both criticised and praised for my play (and guts to put all my money in early).

Anyway i had AsAdKd (all diamonds live one A out) it was bought in for $5 the Ac raised to $20, i made it $40 all others folded, and the 2 of us kept raising until i was allin ($630ish). He turned out to have Ah6sAc, and when i hit a K on 5th, it was all over bar the shouting.

Some praised me for my guts in getting allin so early despite the fact that i could not be losing on 3rd. Others said i shouldve waited until later in the hand so i could get more bets in if i improved but fold if he did. Anyone else have thoughts on this matter? (It is generally considered i am a much better player than this man).

I'm sure hitting the K on 5th would have slowed him down and I wouldn't have been able to get allin (he probably wouldn't have folded), but it's easy to be right in hindsight.

There were a few other nice pots along the way but nothing that really shows much more than straight forward play, and I ended up a $1070 winner on the night.

More stories to come if any interesting hands pop up in weeks to come, now its time to go have a look at the other posts.