Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2005, 07:43 AM

Default How on earth do you play AA?

The worst thing I know is when I get AA pre-flop. I have wrote down the last weeks pocket AA and realized that I have lost 9/10. I have gone allin pre-flop 4 times, I have slowplayed twice and I have called an allin 4 times. As I loose 9/10......... please make me understand how to play those cards???

Last time was 10 minutes ago at a lev4 Ladders on Ladbrokes. I was first, the blinds was 15/30, I raized 120 just to be sure to get most of them away. The button called and the one on the small blind reraized to 240. Then I went allin. The button folded and the small blind called. He had KK and got another K on 4th.

Ofcourse this was unlucky but as it seems like I loose more than I win my question is this.

How do the pros play AA? They have to fold them all the time to get to the final in a big tournament or do they take a chance every time???????? Sounds strange if they do so but it sounds as strange to fold with AA.
Ola