Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2005, 05:38 PM

Default Re: some questions

thanks to everyone who took the time, on or off topic (but especially those on topic).

I pretty much always check here (being more inlined to bet v. looser guys or when I am raising an open limp, not an open raise with AK). They don't fold underpairs often enough in my expereince.

I like calling the river if he lead into me on an A or K.

I guess the reason for my post is that I still think I make too many "good folds" (actually they are probably bad a lot) and I generally find myself folding unimproved after I check behind in this and similar spots. But then i thought it sucks to 3-bet, bet and then surrender without any resistance, although this type of player will value bet lots of stuff on the river. So I figured i'd see what other ideas are out there. thanks to all again. unfortunately, I still feel unease with the best river play when lead into getting 5.5-1 (I think [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], sorry about the pot mistakes in the OP), but think I still lean towards a fold.