Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2005, 03:16 PM

Default Re: 52K HAND MEGA TUNE UP (REALLY LONG instructional content)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have played higher levels. I usually clear bonuses at non-party sites at 1/2 or 2/4 that aren't in this DB. I cleard the last two stars bonuses and the pacific crap at 3/6. I won everywhere I went I just don't like the added stress. I have cashed out over 4K this year so I don't feel too bad about the $$ I'm making in this part time hobby.... I am a nit too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Arggg... the pain... the pain.

You should play 2/4 until you lose 800$ (200BB downswing). If after two months, you haven't hit one yet, send me the portion of your roll you wouldn't have won had you played lower.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!

You wanna stake me?

Congrats on your upcoming nuptials. Maybe once you're married and have two kids in diapers you can understand why I play primarily for relaxation and amusement. The $$ is nice but is not my primary objective.

I guess you could say I am a gamer not a gambler. I like playing for fun and profit and I'll take the sure thing and an enjoyable experience over maximizing profits most times. Losing big pots at higher limits really eats me up in an unhealthy manner right now. I can finish a session up $50 but still lose sleep over the $100 pot I lost to a runner runner suckout. Sleep is worth much more than money to me right now with my 6 mo. old ruling the roost. When I lose 20BB pots at .50/1 in the same way I can giggle about it because the $$ is insignificant.

When I cleared the last stars bonus at 3/6 I took down a couple $150 pots and wound up winning twice as much as the bonus I was trying to clear and yet I was miserable the whole time. What can I say I'm a tightass. I have the BR to be playing 5/10 right now (on top of the 4K+ I've already cashed out this year) but I need more time to be immune to chip shock I feel at higher limits.

Never fear though I am slowly drifting away from .50/1 into 2/4 full and I plan on giving 1/2 6-max another shot, it just takes me a lot longer to get comfortable with higher limits than most. I understand variance and the concept of making more per hour despite a lower winrate but the actual experience is just too stresful. I just can't convince myself yet that the money is just chips in my 300 bet BR at higher limits. It's real money that could have been withdrawn to play bills, renovate my house and save up for my kids college. Yeah I have issues. Whatever, I'll get there someday and when I do I'll be as prepared as possible.