Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2005, 02:00 PM

Default getting started in NL

I have been running good in 10/20 6 max for the last month and am now trying to learn NL. I am starting in the 50 NL and have set aside 40 buy ins that I can afford to lose. I have played over 300k hands mult-tableing limit almost none of them at NL. I posted a similar post in the small stakes forum to get a basic understanding. I am not concerned with my win rate as much as developing an aggrisive winning style. learning to figure pot and implyed odds ect. There seems to be less good theory on NL. I have a few general questions about NL. My goal is to develop an agg. style similar to what doyle describes in SS. I understand the most of the important decisions are post flop in NL but want to judge what is resonable pre-flop. When is NL poker for the advanced player coming out?

1. I played the most of my limit hands in 5-10 and 10-20 six max. Would it be better to learn NL on the short handed tables or full tables?

2. what is the range of hands in terms of vip and pfr that is considerd reasonable. To pinpont it more at what numbers would you say someone is slightly loose agg. I want to try to see where the line is.

3. I consider blind steal and defence very important in limit. How impotant are these in NL (as you move up) more important, less important or just as important.

4. Any threads or links to any NL info that helped anyone with anything would be great. Is there a best NL post thread any where?