Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2003, 01:17 PM

Default Creative or Dumb Play

Dumb thing I did was to post this in the wrong forum - General and bernie was nice enough not to pick on me. So, I'm posting here again:

My typical Saturday 5-10 at Taj. Table was loose/passive with 2 or 3 decent players. I have not won a hand since my first hand when I posted in CO, got raised by SB after 1 limper, and won by check-raising the PF raiser who called all the way when I flopped top two with KTs.

On this hand, loose MP raised after 2 limpers and I decided to cold-call with QTh in CO. Clear fold or marginal call?

Button and BB folded, SB re-raised, 2 limpers cold-called first raiser capped. Sh****T! I got trapped but decided to see the flop, still thinking whether it's the right thing to do. Everybody called.

Flop was 7 5 T rainbow with 1 heart. Now, I had top pair and a backdoor flush draw. SB bets out, folded to capper who just called. What to do? What to do? My first instinct was to fold but thought about the players involved: SB is a decent regular but have passive tendencies having just called all the way with his PF raise with AA in my initial winning hand and I thought: Is this deja vu all over again except I know I am beat this time and the pot was quite enticing but with a 3rd player. MP capper whom I've never played before is quite aggressive PF but passive post-flop. I thought this is a fold or raise situation and I raised! Both called. Whaddya think?

Turn was a blank. Both checked! Ah, my free card, and I checked.

River was my miracle T!!

SB led out, MP called and I raised. Both called. My hand was good. SB showed his AA and MP threw his QQ face up mumbling about my flop raise.

Please comment on all streets as I'm still unsure of my cold-calling standards especially in a capped pot. [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]