Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2005, 06:56 AM

Default Playing tight tables

I can play loose tables very well but the tighter tables like the ones at Party Poker, I struggle with.

Most of the time today, when I had a set and would raise on flop or turn, everyone would fold. Well, it seems to me this would be good way to bluff as well if you can put the bettor on TPGK . Right ?

I'm not a good bluffer and I rarely bluff. I just need to hone these skills if I am to be successful at poker. Those of you who bluff. I assume you target a tight player and one capable of making a laydown ? I assume you would also seek to target someone who could be playing well. Someone who is frustrated or Tilting would not be a good candidate for a move ?

Also, do you seek to make the move in the best mathematical opportunity ? For example, what pot odds do you look for when deciding to the make move ?

I would say that the bigger the pot and smaller villain's bet then the greater chance of profitability your play would be ? Like if pot = $5. Villain bets $2. You put him on middle pair or Top pair weak kicker. You raised to $9, trying to represent a set or two pair. He needs to call $7. But pot is already $7 now so assuming only way for you to win is for him to fold, you have to win this at least 56 % of the time, right ? Since 9/16 = 56 %