Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2003, 06:31 AM

Default 3-bet one pair on turn. 20-40

Dynamite 20-40 game with plenty of loose/aggressive fish. Crazy oriental woman on perma-tilt across from me and a player brand new to the game on my right. He's never played poker before and generally plays baccarat for $10000-$20000 per hand. You can tell these red chips mean nothing to him, and if he wasn't so horrible I'de move away from him cause his breath smelled like he licked a camel's armpit. Anyways here comes the hand.

Moderate player raises from EP, EP2 coldcalls, Crazy oriental woman(COW) coldcalls from MP. Johnny Baccarat(JB) reraises from LP. This means doesn't have to be anything special. Could be any pair or anything that makes a '20' in blackjack. Hell, I even saw him reraise on hands that are natural nines in Bacarrat! I am also in LP and decide to cap holding the A [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] . Folded around to original raiser who calls as well as the others.

Flop-J [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]

Checked around. Just before turn card is dealt COW yells, "Ace!". My preference would be a King but an Ace would do nicely.

Turn-J [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img]

She must be psychic. EP bets(AK-AQ most likely), EP2 calls, COW raises, JB calls, I make it 3-bets. They all call!

River-J [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img]

Looks pretty brick o'licious to me. All check to me and I decide to value bet my top pair, top kicker.

What does everyone think of that line of play. I 3-bet the turn because I thought I had the best hand AND I thought perhaps, maybe I could get another AK to muck. Not likely, but worth a try. I bet the river for value. Anyone check after alllllll those players coldcalled the turn raising?
Any thoughts are appreciated, results to follow.

PokerPrince