Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2005, 12:55 PM

Default Situation Books Dont Cover, Right Move?

I was playing in my local 9-18 game when a hand came up i was in mid pos with 44 3 limpers in front the guy directly behind me mucked his hand and it fliped over exposing 64 leaving 1 four left in the deck. button raised and the five players in front of me called now I have a choice call with 1 out in the deck or save a small bet? im getting 13 to 1 with 6 players in for 2 bets and my single bet but there is only 1 four of the 48 cards left what are the long run implications of calling here. In reality I folded and a 4 hit the flop and I wold have taken down a monster that these guys build with pairs and draws. I was seeing the best result possible for calling in front of my eyes so my decision didnt seem as correct. Will all those 9$ calls add up to more than what I can expect to win if i hit my 1 outer? It seems simple but I have never done any research on this subject and it can not be solved with simple math. [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]