Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2005, 08:37 AM

Default I just don\'t get it...

I have played 5000+ hands of $.50/$1 and $1/$2 5 or 6 table max and done very well, specifically to the tune of 4.33 BB/100. Every time I get to a level I have previously set, I take $200 and sit a $2/$4 game and just get crushed. 4 times in a row now I've lost 25BB before stopping and going back to the lower limits.

I seem to get great cards and play against crappy opponents in the small limits. When I move to $2/$4 I swear it seems that the deck goes completely cold, I can't get a hand, and when I do it gets cracked. The players are better, but not all that much better. Table is about 33% preflop, which is average I guess.

Is there some kind of adjustment I can make so I can be successful at the $2/$4? I am extremely aggressive at the lower limits, and I bring that to the $2/$4 table as well, jamming when I have the best of it. I feel I play the same game, but get killed. Any suggestions?

I can't think or post any particular hand because it's just one after another. I do look back at hands and think I could have done something better, but I don't see any glaring problems with any of them.