Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2005, 11:54 PM

Default Bad Plays or just Running Real Bad

I normally play higher stakes but I'm rebuilding my bank roll so I started playing 3/6. After about 350 hands I only won about 9% of those and won on the showdown about 68%. These stats were taken from Party. Seems like whenever I have a good hand someone else hits a bigger hand. I was only seeing the flop about 18%, I was playing real tight just to make sure I wasn't making any mistakes.

Overall, I didn't win any big pots. All the pots that were close to $100 were all lost either on the river, runner-runner, or a two pair. I limp with A4s MP3, raised by button, several callers and it went to flop. Flop was A44r to hit my full house. Button had AA for a higher full house. I remember a hand where I had this guy totally dominated. I think he had like 47s on the BB and I had AQo. He's a LAG. We both didn't flop, he bets and I raised and he reraises, I cap. On the turn I hit an A but he ends up hitting his flush and gutshot draw. Again he bets, I raise and he reraise. River was another club for his flush. Another one is where 2 A's will flop, I'll have trips with two flushes on board and another flush comes out on the turn beating my trips.

I notice that on higher stakes, you won't see idiots do such moves and win. All I was trying to do is win about $200 and I couldn't seem to do that. Any ideas what I shoulda done? Maybe switch to another table after so many hands and winning so little?