Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2003, 01:20 AM

Default I almost gave a free card...

AJs, 15-30. I hadn't been there in ages -- the game was great with a lot of people I've not seen before but also maddeningly slow.

I had A [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] A [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] UTG. I limped. Five called. Button raised. SB called. BB folded. I re-raised. All called. 7-handed for 3-bets apiece. (The two best players were sitting out this hand.)

Flop: 9 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img]

I bet out. All called.

Turn: [9 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] ] J [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]

What's your action here? I checked. All checked to the button. Button bet. I raised. All folded, including the button. Solid pro to my right who folded pre-flop and was watching the action said "interesting" under his breath as he watched the button fold.

I figured I played this wrong as I almost gave a free card on the turn. There were so many people behind me that I wanted to see what action developed, and I didn't want to get bet out of the hand. But now, I'm thinking that was a mistake, particularly so in 15-30 where the aggression isn't like the higher limit games. But even if it were higher limit, I'm wondering if maybe I should've bet out as well. Any thoughts?