Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2005, 11:07 PM

Default Re: How many of the BIG GAME players are the real deal?

Granted that the higher usually means the tougher the game. So overall there are more tough players in the higher games than you would find in 15-30. But that doesn't mean that they play better than the best 15-30 players. It means they play better than most 15-30 players. And at some level i don't necessarily agree the higher the better. For instance the 30-60 at bellagio in past years used to be one of the toughest limits in holdem. Players considered passing this limit and going right into 60-120 although most would not just because of lack of bankroll. So you see where that sometimes the higher the limit doesn't necessarily mean the better the player. And i'm not talking about all high limit players when i say i wonder if they are that much better. Well i guess i am to a point. Saying if they played limits i could handle the swings i think i could at the very least hold ym own. But i'm more refferring to players i consider unproven as they haven't beat games for long periods consistently and grinded there way up earning the respect of real live players imo. Like the Daniel N's, Gus Hansen's, Phil I, and a few others. My point is the it erks me that players like daniel open there mouth constantly and say how good they are, and are not just referring to tournaments. Where there are players like Lenny Martin that are the real deal live players that would eat daniel for breakfast imo. And he earned his respect playing for years in the live games in the mid to high limit section at bellagio. I would guess i would fair much better than the Daniel N's, Gus Hansen's, and Phil I's than the likes of proven live game winners such as Lenny Martin. And i never once said i was better than them as i do not know because i never played with them. Although i am a proven winner in the limits i play so if they played my limit i think i could say i could hold my own at the very least imo. And could hold my own against Lenny Martin (or any excellent player) as it is hard to outplay someone and have that big of an edge at limit holdem that plays somewhat very good themselves. But i would guess Lenny would earn more if we reguallrly grinded together. But i can't say that for the big name touney players.