Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-2005, 03:20 PM

Default 2 hands, How can I play them better?

2-4 nl game on stars, 10 handed, Hero has a fairly tight image, has shown some solid hands down. villian is pretty tight, calls a lot of bets. Both have over 600 to start.

Hero dealt 8Ts in MP+2, folds to him, Hero raises to 12. Villain calls on button. BB Calls.
Flop: JQK 2 diamonds, 1 spade. BB checks, Hero bets 20, Villain calls.
Turn: 9s. Hero bets 50, Villain calls.
River: 2h. Whats my line and why?

I figure Villian for a straight 50 percent of the time here, busted diamond draw for and/or two pair 15-30 percent of the time and some weak king 10 percent of the time. The other times he could potentailly be holding a set i guess.

I was thinking between a 1/2 pot blocking bet to induce a call from the two pair/set/kings or a check/call move to get a bluff out of the diamond draw/lose less if he has AT. Im not sure which line to take. I guess this is a situation where I have to take account how aggressive he might be?

Second hand:
Hero dealt KQ in the SB, same game, 5 call, Hero completes, BB checks. Villain is in the SB, terrible player, calls a lot of bets. MP is a pretty weak tight. Villian and MP1 have 400 to start, I have them covered.
FLop: AQQ rainbow.
Hero checks, MP leads for 20, Villian min-raises. Whats my line? How can I extract the most out of Villian and MP. Should I stop and go here or raise this flop? why? I'm leaning towards stop and go... but I feel like that gives my hand away. Is this just one of those inconveniences of playing up front?