Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2005, 11:42 PM

Default A7 suited hand

My general reads on the opponents are that MP2 is loose and aggressive, but not to the point of maniac, and MP3 is loose and passive.

I'm really confused as to how to play this hand. I'll write down my thoughts, to show my thought process. Comments on the entire action are welcome.
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB checks.

I think the pre-flop limp is pretty standard. If raising was the correct play, I don't understand why.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

I have an overcard worth about 1.5 outs, a BDFD, and a 1-card OESD. This gives me pot odds to call a bet, but I don't think I have enough pot equity to bet out here.

Turn: (4.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, BB folds.

Now I have top pair with a weak kicker. When it's checked to me, I bet out. I'm thinking the flop bettor could have a straight draw, or a lower pair. Betting felt like the better of the two options (check/bet).

River: (7.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

This was somewhat of a crying call. I wasn't going to be overly surprised to win, but I wasn't going to be surprised if I didn't. (My state of mind right now is pretty fatalistic due to a bad run).