Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2005, 10:21 PM

Default I have a problem and need some advise.

For the last 1 year I have been playing poker professionally (as in this is my job) and I have had a few problems along the way and was wondering how others handle this issues.

As you can see from my name I have a tilting problem. When I was playing ring games and winning it was all great and life was awesome. But as soon as I would suffer some bad sessions I would try and "recover my losses" and jump limits. Much of the time this worked and I made it back but there were other times when I was just throwing money away. I actually start playing badly and trying to make too much happen. I just couldnt accept the fact that no matter how good we are we are going to have bad days, weeks or even months. The only times I do realize this is when my head is on straight like now and I get really down on myself for what I did the night before. I actually get in to a state of mind where I am not "me" anymore. I am someone else. I completly go off the deep end and often break anything thats in my path. (I have gone through lots of computer related stuff) I dont mind a few badbeats here and there because thats poker but sometimes I really feel that the site I play on is somehow cheating me. I say to myself "there is no f*cking way that that 2 outter just hit again tonight"

Now I dont want to go in to badbeat stories and what not but I do want to know what you guys do to not lose confidence in your game or the site you play on? How can I avoid these spaz outs when I am getting the beat down? What do you guys do when this is all happening to calm down so you dont toss your bankroll away?

Please dont reply to this if you are going to insult me. I am being sincere and really need some advise.

Ty