Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2005, 02:24 AM

Default Basketball

Like 3 doors down from my house is the junior high so I hit that up and just took a lot of jump shots etc. and rtan around shot a lot of threes whatever. Anyway I played pretty well and decided that I wanted to get better at basketball so I can play more competitively at the gym with my friends. For those with experience, how do I go about getting better? I have solid fundamentals and a good jump shot and am willing to put in the work.

My strenghts:
I hit 25/30 threes
I hit 28/30 free throws
I made a lot of fade aways and moving shots etc.

Weaknesses:
Haven't played organized sports in a while
endurance
speed (probably)

Also I had a minor knee injury that kept me off it for a long time so I can't jump very high right now and I definitely need to improve this aspect. I used to have some hops but I don't now. What are some specific excersizes to do this?

PS if you suggest some of those excersizes please link me to instructions or explain it yourself. I don't know the names of any excersizes or anything.

Anyway I'm just looking for drills that I can perform alone to help myself get better. I am not willing to hire a personal basketball coach or personal trainer but I will spring 30$ for a good video if you can suggest one.

Please list your level of basketball experience with your post so I know how seriously to take your advice. Also if you know someone that balled seriously, put their name here and I will PM them.

Thank you.