Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2005, 01:22 AM

Default Lets discuss this hand - from 350K on Stars

In the money, can't remember how many left, perhaps around 60?

I have 63,108 before posting the big blind.

Blinds are 4K/8K, 400 Ante, going up soon. 15,600 in the pot before any action.

Folded to the short stack in the cutoff who shoves all-in for 19600. I request time.

35,200 in the pot and its 11,600 for me to call. I'm getting 3.03 to 1 on the call.

If I call and lose I'll have 43,508 left and only 39108 after posting the SB and ante.

I have 83o.

I think if I call and lose (which is likely) then I lose much of my folding equity due to the reduced size of my stack. This means I lose steal-ability and must wait for a solid hand that will hold up all-in. Those are harder to find.

So I think and think and think and fold...and the 2+2 rail that was sweating me explodes in chatter about my horrible fold.

I think the call/fold situation is marginal, and the loss of FE tipped it to a muck.

Now if I had just another 10K in my stack, my call would have been automatic. but losing over 20% of my already short stack with such a horrible hand doesn't seem wise.

Is this really such an auto-call with such a horrible hand?

If the answer is yes, please explain with more than "you have the pot odds u gotta call"

-Scott