Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2003, 12:05 PM

Default Stats help requested

I play a version of 5 card Omaha8 where you can play your full hand or standard version. You can use both to scoop (ie. dealt a wheel, can use two suited cards if a flush on board for high). The main difference is that you don't know what the "nuts" are usually, and often there is a low dealt, so high hands go down in value somewhat.

Onto last night's ugliness: I'm dealt A-5-9-9-K, suited ace. Not a powerhouse, but worth playing for a single bet. BTW, this is PL.

Flop: 2-4-J, giving me nut flush draw and wheel draw. SB, who is awful player, bets out $40. Three callers to me. I figure he may have a hand, but I must call here.

Turn: K, giving me my nut flush.

SB bets out $150. He has about $300 left. I have him covered.

Question: Are the odds better that he has a pat low, or a full house or higher? If I put him on a low, I'm virtually freerolling - of course a 2 or 4 could fill him up? However, a 3 would then give me 3/4 minimum. If he's going high, I have 16 outs for a split.

Of course, he calls with a full house and a rag falls on the river. It was that kind of night.

Had I not had the low backup draw, I probably would've folded. If he's dealt a high hand, he must have me beat. A low, and I'm splitting at best. My only hope would've been some sort of monster draw (set + low draw) - which I figured from his betting and body language was virtually impossible.

Manku