Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2005, 01:39 PM

Default Betting strategy

Hi,

I am trying to get into using a tight agressive strategy (for NoLimit Holdem) Online and also in my regular home game and I have a number of questions I hope people can help me with.

1) In my home game, when I started betting big, I got a lot of 'attitude' from people. It was all in good spirits but they were not happy and made comments about taking the fun out of the game and taking it all too seriusly. What's the best response to that? I obviously want to win and while I was playing TA I was winning but I became less Tight and less agressive (and lost!!)

2) How big should a bet be to be a good sized bet in TA play? I was generally raising to 4xBig Blind. Sometimes if my hand didn't greatly improve and there were still too many in the hand I would go bigger. Anyone have any other suggestions?

3) As my chipstack went down I began to lose the agression as any large bet would cripple me. The blinds were also getting larger and they would have eaten at my stack also. What is the best strategy at this point?

Thanks,

Liam.